Your Ceremony, Your Way?

Have you ever wanted to exchange wedding vows on a beach?  Or how about holding a child’s naming ceremony or a wedding blessing in your garden at home?  If you think it just isn’t possible then think again –  you could have the day you have been wanting – just the way you want it.


The law in England and Wales states that if you have been resident for at least 7 days here you may marry within a licenced premises (this could be a church, chapel, Register Office or any number of approved venues who hold a civil ceremony licence).  

So how about that little bit of beach or your back garden or any other place that has taken your fancy …  does it have a licence …?  Worry not!

You may hold your Wedding Ceremony anywhere you like!  All that must happen first, is that you both visit and register your marriage at your local Register Office – most people like to make an appointment to do this very casually (wearing jeans and t shirt !) on the morning of the wedding … Just the 2 of you, with 2 witnesses.


All you legally need to do at this time is state your legal and declaratory words to each other and you will be pronounced husband and wife and receive your marriage certificate.  Hurrah!

You don’t even have to exchange rings – you will be doing this at your Wedding Ceremony a little later on!  Now off you go and get ready for the Ceremony of your dreams


You may also like...